THE GIGGLESWICK PLAYERS DO FULL FRONTAL
by Valerie Goodwin
The play is an affectionate but slightly tongue-in-cheek look at the people that enjoy amateur acting and some of the problems that arise from their ambitions, whether they be artistic or amorous. It is not a farce, but a carefully scripted comedy, based on characters observed over the many years that the author trod the boards in small and large AmDram groups before settling down in Dorset to teach and write.
- Rick=gay, gossip, looks like Odie from Garfield, son of Pam and ?
- Piers= smelly and disgusting ‘Don’t forget the air freshener’
- Pam=boss bag ‘married to Geoff, mother of Rick
- Lesley= drunk, sex mad mother of Mike
- Joan= prude ‘Time for tea’.Roy Cropper style carrier bag.Aunty of Pam.
- Margaret= ‘star’ old, ex- wife of Ken.
- Sonia= good heart, never knows her lines; ex-wife of Ken
- Michelle= young totty, daughter of Tim
- Geoff= lovely old boy, now married to Pam
- Chris=Fiendish aspergers type- the plunge into darkness
- Katie=Climb on your lap/ I’m so cute
- Pauline= too old for the girl parts but doesn’t want to play Mums, ex wife of Geoff
- Tim= ( lechery)has fiendishly ugly wife and 6 kids
- Carlene– mad on boy band, stalker type, bimbo
- Ken= mumbling, never knows his lines, etc, ex husband of Marg & Sonia
- Billie=A superannuated teen , aged 35, recently married
- John= adrenalin junkie
- Mike =Young boy ,good actor but not quick on the uptake, Carlene and Rick after him
Preview available here
Please click the button to buy a copy of this script.